Problems 34: Freedom as Misunderstood by Liberals
- How Gorbachev Wrecked the Soviet Union
- Looking at how the man messed up.
- A reminded that the Soviet Union worked well in the 1950s and 1960s.
- Notes on Asocialism
- People go wrong by imagining themselves as autonomous individuals who could and should exist independently of the wider society.
- How the New Right took advantage of moral uncertainty following the radical and necessary changes demanded by 1960s radicals and protestors.
- Why the unregulated internet is not an answer.
Also available as a PDF, Problems 34 – Freedom Misunderstood
Latest update. February Editorial: Once More Unto Brussels. February 2019
May is engaging with MPs of all parties to reach an agreement she can take back to Brussels and secure a deal that parliament can support; a Plan B. But this appears to be a forlorn task as EU negotiators have made it clear that no significant changes can be made to her deal..
From November 2018: News from France ( Froggy), and Parliamentary Notes;. Also Notes on the News: Trump Resigns as World Boss, Trump Upholds Feed-the-Rich, Doctor Who and the Real Racists, Brazil, Where the Politics is Nuts, Hurricanes, Japan Recovers.
Also everything for February 2018: Editorial: What A Carry On, Carillion; Parliament And World War One; Froggy; Notes on the News; Letter from New Zealand; Walter Citrine in the Soviet Union in 1925. Part 2; Local Government and the national Labour agenda; German Social Democracy; Parliamentary Notes; Listening to Italy; Comment on Carillion. Also available as a PDF, Labour Affairs 284 February 2018
April 2015: Will this be the Last British Election? The Scottish Nationalist are offering mild social-democracy of the sort the British Labour Party has abandoned.
April 2014: Editorial: Parliament’s Willingly Deceived, the United States wants NATO and the EU right up against Russia’s borders. Kosovo and Crimea: the West’s Double Standard, Poem, Notes on the News, Glorifying World War One, Parliament and World War One: Heading Towards War, Tory Pension Policies, Workers on Company Boards, Bob Crow: A Tribute, The Royal Mail and the Communication Workers Union, Froggy, Parliamentary Notes, It’s a Fact.