COME KINDLY FIGHTER-BOMBERS
- Legal aid to defend an ISIS girl causes a storm,
- but not as big a storm as that which destroyed Iraq,
- in fact, the demise of Libya and almost Syria,
- was, and is, the norm.
- Big buttocked British Army majors rant on TV as if correct
- when they took away the civil and human rights
- of Middle-Eastern nations at a cost of billions.
- It was a neo-liberal carpet-bombing fight
- to the dance of the cotillion.
- They who fought back survived a cyclone of steel rain,
- the falling suns of incredible temperatures.
- Those who volunteered, as they did for Republican Spain,
- inherited death, torture and beheading as their signature,
- answered by kindly fighter-bombers who sought only
- to kiss the earth,
- backed by a C-of-E choir in khaki uniforms,
- as if evensong filled in for the meanness of spirit
- and its dearth,
- though to acknowledge the truth is to have an Imperial brainstorm.
Wilson John Haire. 15th April, 2019
- What a week, what a week
- made worse by a media tweak.
- That English Canute crowd
- sat on roads cold-arsed and proud.
- Lyra reported from an armoured position,
- not remembering her parent’s situation
- when petrol bombs glared
- and stray bullets never cared.
- The Minotaur, birth parents Bush and Blair,
- fed ferociously in its Sri Lanka lair.
Wilson John Haire. 27th April, 2019
HAVE BIKE CAN CANUTE
- If dinosaurs could have fixed climate change
- they’d still be about within our range.
- If Britain had cancelled the industrial revolution
- there would only be peasants now as a solution,
- instead of being occupied by a nation-state
- who burnt coal and forged steel at a hell of a rate.
- Now the UK lives by the casino and the air is relatively clear
- though a whiff of manufacturing puts them in fear.
- They want to get back to the grass and the woods
- but with iPhones, and growing their own shoes if they could.
- with guile
- plant life fills the lifeless, the pale of face,
- a paranoid anxiety hits the elitist race.
Wilson John Haire. 29th April, 2019