Labour’s Next Leader?. September 2016.
Jeremy Corbyn’s PLP critics claim that under his leadership Labour is unelectable. Some of these critics are the same people who were responsible for Labour losing the last two general elections. But rather than rally round Corbyn they have placed their faith in Owen Smith, a man with little more than six years experience as a member of parliament. Their aim, they say, is a Labour government. So what guarantees can they offer that, should Smith defeat Corbyn in the leadership election currently being held, Labour will win the next general election?
- Also Parliament And World War One: :Labour and the War;
- Notes on the News;
- Votes on Iraq;
- Welfare Reform;
- Diary of a Corbyn Foot Soldier (No.4);
- Whatever Happened to the Parliamentary Labour Party;
- Parliamentary Notes;
- Listening to Italy;
- Poems: A Murder Of Crows; The Haven; When Uncle Sam Comes To Visit. (
- (To be posted on-line when 12 months old.)